Saturday 10 September 2011

Garden Blitz

This post is coming much later than intended, but unfortunately I am stuck in a catch 22 at the moment because to fund the plans of ZCE I am working full time and putting a percentage of my wage into the social enterprise.  This means I have little time to do the work of ZCE.  The social enterprise can have my money, but not my time or vice versa and in reality it needs both.  The way I intend to end this problem is to employ a Project Assistant/Support Worker, but more on that another time.  This post is about the event last week at Bromley Y garden.
Firstly I need to thank the wonderful volunteers who gave up two and a half hours last Saturday 3 September to help at Bromley Y garden to get some of the areas under control and tidied up.

We had excellent weather and everyone turned up ready to work, but also to enjoy being outdoors among friends.  Not everyone was happy to be photographed, including myself,  but I did manage to get a couple of pictures -



There is more information about the garden and the work to be done there on the Zinnia Horticulture page.  As the first event organised since ZCE went live I was really grateful for the support and with the outcome and I am really looking forward to the next challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment